Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lies, Lies, Lies

So, today Kate tried to pull a fast one on me.   I was making cookies for Kate's school and I needed to refrigerate the dough.  Well I told Kate she could get a drink for herself.  I could see she was standing at the refrigerator longer than usual and could tell she was eyeing up the dough.  So I asked her what she was doing and she just told me she was getting some juice.  I thought I would watch her to see if she would try to sneak the cookie dough.  She didn't know I was watching her.  When she closed the door I could tell she had something in her mouth.  I asked her again what she was doing.  She said, "i'm just getting some juice."  So I said, "is that all your doing?'  Kate says, " I was getting some juice see."  as she is showing me her juice with a funny look on her face.  I said " you know when you tell the truth you won't get in trouble.  It's not nice to lie."  She says, " I know it's NOT nice."  I then looked in the bowl and asked her if she got into the bowl which then she broke down and repeatedly said, " I'm so sorry."  It was quite funny even if she is a little young to lie like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment