Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas And 6 Months Old

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Despite being sick, Kate had a great Christmas and when she woke up Christmas morning, she said "what happened?"  She was also very excited to get to spend some time with Uncle Mike and even went to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie with him.  As I mentioned, Kate has been sick with what is probably a lingering sinus infection.  Poor thing, she had a fever for a couple days, and has tons of congestion which makes her cough almost to the point of gagging.  I took her to the Dr. on Saturday and he gave her another allergy med and some nose spray which has helped.  Even though she is sick this doesn't stop her from being wild and crazy like normal.

Kylee has been doing well.  She turned 6 months on the 18th.  She did have another checkup with the cardiologist a couple of weeks ago and surprisingly her o2 sats were in the low 90s.  For a baby with her heart defects that is really good.  She had her 6 month checkup with the pediatrician and let's just say she was not happy.  They had to test her thyroid levels(which came back normal).  They tried to get blood out of her heel twice with no luck, then twice in her finger which finally worked.  Then after all that she had to get both flu shots and another shot.  She ended up crying and screaming for about 15 minutes.  She will have to go back one more time before surgery for more shots. 

I can't tell you how much she can brighten your mood.  She almost never cries.  She loves to smile(except when trying to take her pic), talk, and loves to be tickled.  She will laugh in anticipation of being tickled, which is really cute!  She is such a sweet sweet baby! 

It's hard to grasp that in 2 weeks she will have to have open heart surgery.  Although we are excited for her to have her heart repaired, we are both scared and nervous.  I tend to go through a mixture of emotions daily, but it is hard to stay upset when she just looks at you and smiles.  As far as her surgery goes, she will go in on Tuesday, Jan. 12th for all her preworkup stuff and then we will talk with the surgeon and go over everything.  I will be bringing the laptop with me, so I will try and update as much as possible on here as this will be the easiest way.

Here are some pics of the girls, mostly Kate.  Even when she is sick, she still likes to be silly and pose for the camera.















Kate said this is the face that the bird made on her tinkerbell movie!


Oh, I'm working on changing the background on here so it's easier to read, but am having a hard time doing it myself, so i'll have to enlist the help of my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how little Kylee cries. I don't think I barely heard a whimper out of that precious girl. She is so cute when she gets giggling and laughing. And then there's my sweetheart Kate. Monkey farts and rotten eggs!!! Thank you Kate for going to the movies with me, it was soooo much fun. Can't wait to come back down for your birthday. And Nicole, myself, and Austen cannot wait to come down and have Kylee brighten our day with her cute lettle giggles and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your photos o your girls are so adorable. My Anna loves the Tinkerbell movie... she quotes it! It is too funny!
    We will be keeping Kylee and all of your family in our prayers as her surgery approaches. I look forward to reading about how well she is doing :)
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete