Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quit Your Whining

Lately, when I am feeding Kylee I spend this time on the computer as it takes her a while to eat, although lately it's decreased from 45min- 1hr to about 30 min.  Anyway most of my time on the computer is reading other blogs about down syndrome kids mostly heart babies/kids.  There are a ton of blogs out there to read and although I have tried to read about kids who have the same 2 heart defects combined, I have only found a few of those out there.  So I usually end up reading blogs of kids with different heart defects, but for all the parents the emotions are pretty much all the same.  I know for myself it is quite scary to think about what Kylee will have to go through and it makes me pretty emotional sometimes.  Anyways, some of what these kids and families have to go through is more than I can imagine- complications from surgery, multiple surgeries, waiting for organ(heart) transplants, spending countless hours pretty much living in the hospital, and the unthinkable- losing your child.  You are probably wondering the whole point of this post by now.  Well whenever I feel like I am having a bad day, or have a headache or whatever else, I can't help but think of all that these kids have to go through.  Sure it is emotional for the parents, but the child is the one who has to suffer all the physical pain and yet they are such troopers.  So if you feel like you are having a bad day, think of these kids and quit your whining!

No comments:

Post a Comment