Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Poor Baby

She looks so pitiful, although i've seen many pics of kids after heart surgery it is still different because it is your baby. Despite looking pitiful so far she is doing well. She will be sedated tonight and some tomorrow and depending how she does they may try to pull the breathing tube out. She also has a little bit of junk in her lungs which they suctioned out, but of course it scared me because her respirations started to drop. I guess this is normal but still scary. Anyways, continue to pray for her that she recovers well. We will probably see her for a little more tonight and then try to go and sleep since there shouldn't be much activity tonight.



Her poor tongue is going to dry out.

She is on a few meds for pain & sedation, then a couple for her heart.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is extremely tough seeing her that way. But, I think she is deliberately sticking her tongue out at you guys. She will be fine and home before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kylee! Am so glad surgery is over. She will be awake and giving you smiles before you know it!
    Don't watch the monitors!!! (I should take my own advice on that one) I always stare at those dumb monitors. Secretions in the lungs are normal. Rest well tonight and thanks for the updates.
    Praying for everyone-the Richardsons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylee looks wonderful for all she just went through today, she still looks like her :) I can't imagine how hard it is for you to see her like this but tomorrow is a new day with a newly fixed heart and she will be awake and smiling! Can't wait to see those pics! Hope you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely brings back memories. She is adorable, by the way! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete